Postdoctoral Researcher (Avaqus)
I completed my MSc and PhD in Physics at University of Los Andes – Bogotá (Colombia) in 2013 and 2019 respectively. After that, I moved to Donostia International Physics Center (Spain) to work on the quantum dynamics of strongly-correlated quantum systems in out-of-equilibrium states. I earned a Bachelors degree in Physics at National Pedagogical University – Bogotá (Colombia) in 2007.
My passion is theoretical quantum physics. Specifically, my research interests are in the scientific boundary between condensed matter physics, statistical mechanics and quantum thermodynamics, quantum information science, and quantum science and technology.
- Non-equilibrium quantum systems
- Adiabatic quantum computing
- Beyond the Kibble-Zurek Mechanism
- Leggett-Garg Inequalities
- Radiation-Matter Interaction
- Integrable Spin Chains
- Locality of Spontaneous Symmetry Breaking and Universal Spacing Distribution of Topological Defects Formed Across a Phase Transition, arXiv:2202.11731
You can find my articles in the arXiv
- Benchmarking Quantum Annealing Dynamics: the Spin-Vector Langevin Model
Phys. Rev. Research 4, 023104 (2022). arXiv:2109.09750.
- Uhlmann Fidelity and Fidelity Susceptibility for Integrable Spin Chains at Finite Temperature: Exact Results.
New J. Phys. 23, 093033 (2021). arXiv:2105.05055.
- Exact Thermal Properties of Integrable Spin Chains
SciPost Phys. 11, 013 (2021). arXiv:2103.16322.
- Universal Statistic of Vortices in a Newborn Holographic Superconductor: Beyond the Kibble-Zurek Mechanism
J. High Energ. Phys. 06, 061 (2021). arXiv:2101.02171.
- Full Counting Statistics of Topological Defects After Crossing a Phase Transition
F. J. Gómez-Ruiz, J. J. Mayo, & Adolfo del Campo
Phys. Rev. Lett. 124, 240602 (2020).
Featured in Physics & Editors’ Suggestion. See Viewpoint on Physics: Defect or No Defect: It’s a Toss Up. arXiv:1912.04679.
- Probing the Universality of Topological Defect Formation in a Quantum Annealer: Kibble-Zurek Mechanism and Beyond
Y. Bando, Y. Susa, H. Oshiyama, N. Shibata, M. Ohzeki, F. J. Gómez-Ruiz, D. A. Lidar, S. Suzuki, A. del Campo & H. Nishimori
Phys. Rev. Research 2, 033369 (2020). arXiv:2001.11637.
- Universal Dynamics of Inhomogeneous Quantum Phase Transitions: Suppressing Defect Formation
F. J. Gómez-Ruiz & A. del Campo
Phys. Rev. Lett. 122, 080604 (2019), arXiv:1805.00525.
- Quantum Phase Transitions Detected by a Local Probe Using Time Correlations and Violations of Leggett-Garg Inequalities
F. J. Gómez-Ruiz, J. J. Mendoza-Arenas, F. J. Rodríguez, C. Tejedor, & L. Quiroga
Phys. Rev. B 93, 035441 (2016). arXiv:1509.00314.